Our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion
Visa believes that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace irrespective of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity including gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity, age, disability, marriage and civil partnership, and/or any characteristics protected in any of our markets.
Our commitment is not purely based on a strong ethical stance, but also because we value and respect the diversity of our customers, consumers, suppliers, partners, communities and the individualism that every employee brings to our company.
To ensure that our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is implemented without exception, we have a comprehensive policy and place an obligation on all employees to respect and act in accordance with it. To view our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy please click here.
By way of summary, here are the key principles it follows:
- Employees, job applicants and suppliers will be treated fairly, openly, honestly and with dignity and respect at all times
- No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnic or national origin, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- We will make reasonable adjustments to our practices and procedures to accommodate the needs of anyone with a disability or long term health condition
- Breaking down barriers to develop and advance talented women to the highest levels of the company
- Ensuring the practice and assumptions made about ability based on age are eliminated and not using age as a criterion to restrict capability to progress
Equality, diversity and inclusion are championed at the highest level in the organisation by our Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Leadership Team.
Read our 2017 Gender Pay Gap Report